Subject: [OPS-AREA] DIME WG chairs - call for candidates

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 11:55:09 +0100

Hi,

We are facing an interesting situation in the DIME WG. As you know
Hannes was nominated and confirmed for an IAB position (congratulations,
Hannes!) and expressed his desire to reduce many of his other
activities. Victor changed employers and chairing DIME is not supported
any longer in his new dayjob position. Thanks to both of them for the
great contribution brought to DIME and the IETF. 

As a result of this situation we need to find one - at least - or two -
better - new chair(s) for DIME. 

This is an open call for candidates. The job requirements include first
of all good experience with the Diameter protocol and AAA applications,
and management skills. Employer support for assuming the job is
mandatory. If you need more information about the requirements and time
needed for the job please contact me, Hannes, or Victor. If you want the
job and believe that you are qualified for it please contact me. 

There is no immediate pressure, as Hannes kindly accepted to support the
transition period. However, it would be nice if we can solve the WG
chairmanship nomination until Anaheim and work on the transition at the
meeting. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:01:54 +0200

I would like to thank you, Dan, for helping Victor and me with your
advices and with your help regarding working group management. You
always had time for a chat with us. Since Area Directors are typically
highly overloaded with different tasks we highly appreciated your
availability. 

Victor, it was great to do the work together with you! You brought the
experience of an open source developer into the group. We need more
people like you who have hands-on experience. 

Big thanks also to everyone in the group for getting the work done. We
managed to get a couple of documents published and gained a lot of
insights about Diameter and the entire eco-system. I also want to
mention the interop events where a number of you participated and
clearly demonstrated that Diameter is widely implemented and plenty of
good products are available. 

Ciao
Hannes 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of ext Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
>Sent: 01 March, 2010 12:55
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Dime] DIME WG chairs - call for candidates
>
>Hi,
>
>We are facing an interesting situation in the DIME WG. As you 
>know Hannes was nominated and confirmed for an IAB position 
>(congratulations,
>activities. Victor changed employers and chairing DIME is not 
>supported any longer in his new dayjob position. Thanks to 
>both of them for the great contribution brought to DIME and the IETF. 
>
>As a result of this situation we need to find one - at least - 
>or two - better - new chair(s) for DIME. 
>
>This is an open call for candidates. The job requirements 
>include first of all good experience with the Diameter 
>protocol and AAA applications, and management skills. Employer 
>support for assuming the job is mandatory. If you need more 
>information about the requirements and time needed for the job 
>please contact me, Hannes, or Victor. If you want the job and 
>believe that you are qualified for it please contact me. 
>
>There is no immediate pressure, as Hannes kindly accepted to 
>support the transition period. However, it would be nice if we 
>can solve the WG chairmanship nomination until Anaheim and 
>work on the transition at the meeting. 
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>Dan
> 
>_______________________________________________
>DiME mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:31:47 -0600

I would like to extend my thanks to Dan and Hannes for their support through
the years I was involved with DIME. Dan, you have always been very
supportive of us despite the varied things you had to deal with. Your time
and the attention you gave is greatly appreciated.

Hannes, it has been a great working with you. I'm truly appreciative of
everything you have done for the group. Without you, I think we would have
not progress as much as we did. Congratulations and I wish you well on your
new post. I'm sure you'll do great.

Many thanks to everyone in the group. Whoever continues as chair, I think
they will be very lucky to have a set of very talented DIME folks to work
with. It's been a pleasure working with everyone.

Best regards,
Victor