Subject: [OPS-AREA] To our Japanese colleagues

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:28:45 +0100

Hi,

We have all been following the news coming from Japan in  the last few
days. Our thoughts and worries are  with our colleagues in Japan and
with the whole Japanese nation which was struck so badly by the
earthquake and the tsunamis that followed. In November 2009 we were the
guests of Japan and of the city of Hiroshima and enjoyed the hospitality
of our Japanese hosts who made of that event one of the best IETF
meetings ever. We also have in our area many colleagues from Japan and
their work and contributions are highly appreciated. We hope that they
are all well, and that their families and lives were not directly
impacted by this tragedy. We hope to hear news from them and see them
all at the coming IETF meetings. 

Dan

---

From: Yoshifumi Atarashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:45:50 +0900

Thank you, Dan.

I and Ray are OK. But in Japan, many city are damaged.

Internet was strongest information infrastructure for us.
Telephone and mobile phone service were temporally stopped.
After earthquake, for a few hours, we was able to use only internet
especially twitter and mail.
In Tokyo area(not bad damaged area), all traffic system were stopped.
So we walked to home for more than 4 hours. :-)

And this is Jun Murai & WIDE project message.
http://msg.wide.ad.jp/

Thank you, again.

   Yoshifumi & Ray Atarashi

(11/03/13 18:28), Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPS-AREA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area