Subject: [OPSAWG] AD review of draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-alarm-02.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:13:51 +0200

I have performed the AD review of draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-alarm-02.txt.
I believe that this document is clear and stable enough to proceed to
the IETF Last Call. Please consider the comments below together with the
other IETF Last Call comments. 

1. Idnits complains about 

>  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 1738 (Obsoleted by RFC 4248, RFC
4266) 

This seems intentional as in Section 3.6 I found the following: 

> The value of this field MUST conform to the URI definition in
   [RFC1738] and its updates.

I am wondering however what is the reason for this.

2. References for RFC 3877, X.733, X.736 should be inserted at the first
occurrence in the Introduction section (it is only in Abstract it's
recommended that they are avoided)

3. in section 4 s/[syslog]/[RFC5424]/

4. readers of the IANA considerations section would appreciate to
mention that the registry which is referred is the syslog parameters
register. Thus may be obvious, but yet the word syslog does not figure
in the section. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan