Subject: [OPSAWG] Draft minutes for the OPSAWG meeting at IETF-75

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:49:10 +0200

Please find below the draft minutes for the OPSAWG meeting in Stockholm.
Thanks to Juergen Quittek, Wes Hardaker and Benoit Claise for the notes.

Please send comments or additions to the list. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 16:01:43 +0200

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 03:49:10PM +0200, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
 
> Juergen: 
> for me it's a tools issue; libsmi spits out lots of boilerplate text.

A more precise transcription would be:

  smidump is able to generate security considerations boilerplate text
  from a MIB module and it is easy to extend this further to generate
  a whole document template from a MIB module; but all this is for me
  a tools issue.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:27:18 +0200

Hi,

The notes say:

David Harrington: 
There are some things we should avoid doing.  Sampling over time, etc,
all need to be considered. A polling approach may be better.

What I actually said was more like:
There are certain types of things that should not be included in a MIB
module. People are mentioning things like (was it standard deviations
???).  Values that can be derived from other values should not be
included in a MIB module. The goal should be to keep the agent simple,
and move any derivable calculations to the manager application.

dbh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 3:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [OPSAWG] Draft minutes for the OPSAWG meeting at IETF-75
>