Subject: [OPSAWG] Regarding to draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-ipfix-00

From: Shingo KASHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:06:26 +0900

Hi Aamer and all,

I did a quick review of draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-ipfix-00.
My comments are as follows:

- How about adding a new IE 'perfPacketSequentialErrorEvent'
  in addition to perfPacketLossEvent ?

  4.1.X perfPacketSequentialErrorEvent
     Description:  The packet sequential error event metric reports
        the number of continuous sets of packets that were reversed
        in the reporting interval.

- You seem to miss { Element Data Type, Element Semantics, Element
  Units, Element Range Begin, Element Range End, Element Id, Status:
  current } in 4.1.4.

- Why is the style of Information Element definition different from
  RFC 5102 ?
  your draft: {Name, Description, Observation Point, Element Data Type,
               Element Semantics, Element Units, Element Range Begin,
               Element Range End, Element Id, Status}
  RFC 5102:   {Description, Abstract Data Type, Data Type Semantics,
               ElementId, Status, Reference}

- There is a typo in 7.2.

  [nProbe]   "probe - NetFlow/IPFIX Network Probe
             ~~
  [nProbe]   "nProbe - NetFlow/IPFIX Network Probe

-- 
Shingo KASHIMA <[email-masked]>