Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:39:19 +0800

Hello, All 

I am Chu Junsheng from ZTE Corp.. At Bhumip’s request I upload an I-D. 
Please review and give your comments.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management/

Filename: draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management
Revision:                        00
Title:                            Virtual Resource Management in Cloud
Creation date:            2011-06-27
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 55

Abstract:
   In current Cloud and Data Center (DC) environment, the manageable
   virtualized resources aggregated by the Resource Management Platform
   (RMP) may be supplied by different types of hypervisor
   implementations.  The RMP needs to support a variety of hypervisor
   APIs to allow access, management and integration of different types
   of resources.  In order to decouple the RMP from any particular
   hypervisor implementation, a unified API needs to be developed.  This
   draft presents the requirements and preliminary implementation
   considerations for such an API.

Thanks.

---

From: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:18:03 -0400

Chu,

Thanks for submitting your draft. The following are a few comments:

-          This work appears to have at least one foot in the APPS Area. You might want to run it past an APPS WG

-          You appear to have come to the conclusion that REST is the best solution. Why not an existing IETF Protocol (e..g., NETCONF)?

-          Is there significant operator interest in making this an open protocol?

-          Is there any interest among Hypervisor vendors in supporting a common API?

                                                                                 Ron

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management

Hello, All

I am Chu Junsheng from ZTE Corp.. At Bhumip's request I upload an I-D.
Please review and give your comments.

Abstract:

Thanks.

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:02:29 +0200

Hi,

I also read the I-D and I have the same comments and questions as Ron
plus an extra one - I think that we need a short discussion about the
operational model of management of virtual resources in a data center,
and definition and a description of hypervisors and their role in the
management architecture. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ronald Bonica
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:18 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management

Chu,

-          This work appears to have at least one foot in the APPS Area.
You might want to run it past an APPS WG

-          You appear to have come to the conclusion that REST is the
best solution. Why not an existing IETF Protocol (e..g., NETCONF)?

-          Is there significant operator interest in making this an open
protocol?

-          Is there any interest among Hypervisor vendors in supporting
a common API?

Ron

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management

Hello, All 

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-ma
nagement/ 

Filename:
draft-junsheng-cloud-virtual-resource-management
Revision:                         00
Title:                                   Virtual Resource Management in
Cloud
Creation date:                  2011-06-27
WG ID:                                   Individual Submission
Number of pages: 55

Abstract:

Thanks.