Subject: [OPSAWG] Presentation slot request

From: "So, Ning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:37:14 +0000

Dear WG chairs,

We would like to request a 10 min presentation slot for the draft
"Security Framework for the Virtualized Data Center Services" at the
upcoming IETF meeting.  The link to the uploaded draft is listed here
for your review and input: 

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karavettil-vdcs-security-framework
/

Here is the introduction/summary of the draft.

   The VDCS Security Framework is a reference framework to build secure

   and interoperable services on top of a virtualized infrastructure.

   Currently there are a variety of infrastructure equipment (servers

   and network equipment), and operational management software

   (hypervisors and provisioning/monitoring applications) and software-

   as-a-service that are proprietary in nature; therefore, causing

   service interoperability issues and creating security gaps.

   Developing protocol standards around virtualized services and the

   supporting infrastructures is an integral part of the overall end-to-

   end security assurance.  This draft proposes a security framework and

   the associated requirements for Protocols, Profiles, Network

   Interfaces, Operations and Management, and Application

   Interfaces(APIs) in an environment where virtualized resources are

   shared among a variety of public and private subscribers/clients

   seamlessly.

   The current applications & services using existing protocols (e.g.,

   HTTP) that are in need of security measures in a multi-tenant

   virtualized environment is described.  Similarly gaps in security

   implementation of inter-working protocols (e.g., inter-domain BGP,

   MPLS) among virtualized network infrastructure resources are

   identified here.

   These help design, develop and provide secure, inter-operable and on

   demand self-service applications and services for users from various

   vendors.  This also helps reduce human interventions in provisioning

   and management of resources in a more standardized manner.

Best regards,

Ning So

Network Evolution Planning

Verizon, Inc.

(office) 972-729-7905

(Cell) 972-955-0914