Subject: [OPSAWG] Hypervisor MIB work?

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:15:42 -0800

Juergen, all:  what's the status of this work?  Are folks trying to
resolve differences between the several proposals, or are these
proceeding independently?  Will there be something to discuss during
the opsawg session in Vancouver?

Thanks,

Melinda

---

From: Michael MacFaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Melinda,

Juergen informed me he has a new draft. I will continue to help
shape this draft in open discussion on the opsawg list.

Regards,
Mike MacFaden

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:36:18 -0800

> shape this draft in open discussion on the opsawg list.

Excellent!  Thank you.  Do you think you'll need time for discussion
in Vancouver?

Melinda

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:23:52 +0200

Melinda,

the MIB module brought forward in draft-schoenw-opsawg-vm-mib is
derived from an analysis of existing proprietary MIB modules. As such,
the draft surely aims at integrating things. I will post an update of
the draft before the cutoff incorporating feedback from the mailing
list and I am working with Michael MacFaden to make sure we get things
aligned with at least one commercial implementation. I am sure we will
have questions left for Vancouver to discuss. If we are entitled to
use some OPSAWG time, that would of course be great.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>