Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:33:07 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : An Overview of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Tools
    Author(s)     : T. Mizrahi, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview
    Pages         : 49 
    Date          : 2014-02-18 
    
   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is a general term
   that refers to a toolset for fault detection and isolation, and for
   performance measurement. Over the years various OAM tools have been
   defined for various layers in the protocol stack.

   This document summarizes some of the OAM tools defined in the IETF in
   the context of IP unicast, MPLS, MPLS for the transport profile
   (MPLS-TP), pseudowires, and TRILL. This document focuses on tools for
   detecting and isolating failures in networks and for performance
   monitoring. Control and management aspects of OAM are outside the
   scope of this document. Network repair functions such as Fast Reroute
   (FRR) and protection switching, which are often triggered by OAM
   protocols, are also out of the scope of this document.

   The target audience of this document includes network equipment
   vendors, network operators and standard development organizations,
   and can be used as an index to some of the main OAM tools defined in
   the IETF. This document provides a brief description of each of the
   OAM tools in the IETF. At the end of the document a list of the OAM
   toolsets and a list of the OAM functions are presented as a summary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.