Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:37:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IEEE 802.11 MAC Profile for CAPWAP
        Authors         : Chunju Shao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Farooq Bari
                          Rong Zhang
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-12-18

Abstract:
   The CAPWAP protocol binding for IEEE 802.11 defines two MAC (Medium
   Access Control) modes for IEEE 802.11 WTP (Wireless Transmission
   Point): Split and Local MAC.  In the Split MAC mode, the partitioning
   of encryption/decryption functions are not clearly defined.  In the
   Split MAC mode description, IEEE 802.11 encryption is specified as
   located in either the AC (Access Controller) or the WTP, with no
   clear way for the AC to inform the WTP of where the encryption
   functionality should be located.  This leads to interoperability
   issues, especially when the AC and WTP come from different vendors.
   To prevent interoperability issues, this specification defines an
   IEEE 802.11 MAC profile message element in which each profile
   specifies an unambiguous division of encryption functionality between
   the WTP and AC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/