Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:30:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in USM for SNMP
        Authors         : Johannes Merkle
                          Manfred Lochter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-12-12

Abstract:
   This memo specifies new HMAC-SHA-2 authentication protocols for the
   User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3 defined in RFC 3414.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:13:55 -0500

I have reviewed this document. It looks good. We plan to implement it.

I have one minor suggestion. The names of the protocols are not always
consistent. For example, section 4 uses usmHMAC128SHA224AuthProtocol,
section 4.1 uses usm128HMACSHA224AuthProtocol, and the MIB uses
usmHmac128Sha224Protocol. I suggest using names of the form 
usmHMAC128SHA224AuthProtocol in all cases.

-David Reid

> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: Johannes Merkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:46:28 +0100

> usmHMAC128SHA224AuthProtocol in all cases.

Thanks for pointing this out. As suggested, the names will be unified to usmHMACxxxSHAyyyAuthProtocol in the next version.

Johannes