Subject: [OPSAWG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 22:58:06 -0300

Folks,

We have posted a revision of our firewalls document. The revised I-D is
available at:
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02>

Among the changes are:

* We have rewritten the intro.

* The document clearly states what the goals of this document are.

* The document has now a more clear definition of what we mean by
"firewall", and is agnostic regarding the specific layer at which the
firewall operates (in most of the discussion about firewalls).

* Some sections have been augmented.

* Minor editorial changes.

Your feedback will be appreciated (on the [email-masked] mailing-list).

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02.txt
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 16:58:07 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis
Revision:	02
Title:		On Firewalls in Network Security
Document date:	2016-02-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		19
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-02

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the role of firewalls in network security, and
   recognizes their role in the internet architecture.  It suggests a
   line of reasoning about their usage, and analyzes common kinds of
   firewalls and the claims made for them.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat