Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] draft-deng-opsawg-composed-vpn-sm-requirements-01.txt

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 13:44:28 +0200

On 7/19/16 8:29 PM, Bert Wijnen (IETF) wrote:

> 
> It is a short document. Hearing if you think this makes sense or not
> would be great.
> 
>  > Pages: 7
>  > URL:
> https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deng-opsawg-composed-vpn-sm-requirements-01.txt

yeah, so I'm not a huge consumer of L3 vpn at this point even if I have
been in the past.

that said, while i see some ultility in the customer modeling the
interaction of single or multiple-provider-vpns for the purpose of
describing the typology or expressing the configuration of pre-existing
assets for reuse by VNFs,  the configuration of provider vpns is
typically opaque to customers, as they are to coordinating ISPs in a
multi-provider setup. So from my vantage point the devil is in the
question of how it get's used.

joel

> 
> You can send you comments to me directly or (preferably) to the opsawg
> mailing list at
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
> 
> Thanks,
> Bert Wijnen
>