Subject: [OPSAWG] new draft on dynamic network probes for interactive query

From: Haoyu song <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:13:26 +0000

Dear all,

We have submitted a draft describing the use case and requirements for dynamic network probes. Please kindly provide any comments and suggestions to help us improve the work. Thank you very much!

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq/

Abstract: This document discusses the motivation and requirements for
   supporting interactive network queries and data collection through a
   mechanism called Dynamic Network Probes (DNP).  Network applications
   and OAM have various data requirements from the data plane.  The
   unpredictable and interactive nature of the query for network data
   analytics asks for dynamic and on-demand data collection
   capabilities.  As user programmable and configurable data plane is
   becoming a reality, it can be extended to support interactive query
   through DNPs.  DNP supports node, path, and flow-based data
   preprocessing and collection.  For example, in-situ OAM (iOAM) with
   user-defined flow-based data collection can be programmed and
   configured through DNP.  DNPs serve as a building block of an
   integrated network data telemetry and analytics platform which
   involves the network data plane as an active component for user-
   defined data collection and preparation.

Haoyu