Subject: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-03.txt> (Service Models Explained) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 08:17:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'Service
Models Explained'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF has produced many data modules in the YANG modeling
   language.  The majority of these modules are used to construct data
   models to model devices or monolithic functions.

   A small number of YANG modules have been defined to model services
   (for example, the Layer Three Virtual Private Network Service Model
   produced by the L3SM working group and documented in RFC 8049).

   This document describes service models as used within the IETF, and
   also shows where a service model might fit into a Software Defined
   Networking architecture.  Note that service models do not make any
   assumption of how a service is actually engineered and delivered for
   a customer; details of how network protocols and devices are
   engineered to deliver a service are captured in other models that are
   not exposed through the Customer-Provider Interface.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.