Subject: [OPSAWG] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-24: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 00:46:21 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my DISCUSS.

"  signature" and validating the signature across the MUD file.  The Key
   Usage Extension in the signing certificate MUST be present and have
   the bit digitalSignature(0) set.  When the id-pe-mudsigner extension
   is present in a device's X.509 certificate, the MUD signature file
   MUST have been generated by a certificate whose subject matches the
   contents of that id-pe-mudsigner extension. "

Isn't the extension required to be present.