Subject: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-nat-yang-14.txt> (A YANG Module for Network Address Translation (NAT) and Network Prefix Translation (NPT)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:21:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'A YANG
Module for Network Address Translation (NAT) and Network Prefix
   Translation (NPT)'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-nat-yang-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   For the sake of network automation and the need for programming
   Network Address Translation (NAT) function in particular, a data
   model for configuring and managing the NAT is essential.  This
   document defines a YANG module for the NAT function.

   Network Address Translation from IPv4 to IPv4 (NAT44), Network
   Address and Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers
   (NAT64), Customer-side transLATor (CLAT), Stateless IP/ICMP
   Translation (SIIT), Explicit Address Mappings for Stateless IP/ICMP
   Translation (SIIT EAM), IPv6 Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6), and
   Destination NAT are covered in this document.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements with the RFC number to be assigned to
   this document:

      "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

      "RFC XXXX: A YANG Module for Network Address Translation (NAT) and
      Network Prefix Translation (NPT)"

      "reference: RFC XXXX"

   Please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-nat-yang/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-nat-yang/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6296: IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation (Experimental - IETF stream)
    rfc6877: 464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation (Informational - IETF stream)