Subject: Re: [OPSEC] revised opsec charter working-group last call

From: "Jones, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:21:46 -0400

I agree with joe's reasoning about keeping
The deliverables to a minimum of items
Likely to be completed

On the logging item, I tried for a couple
Years to engage "the right people",
Had a couple false starts but no
Drafts.

The older mailing list archives are at
Ops.ietf.org perhaps the wg page
Should contain a link to that

---george jones

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu Jul 10 15:28:11 2008
Subject: Re: [OPSEC] revised opsec charter working-group last call

On 10 Jul 2008, at 12:32, David Harrington wrote:

> There was a draft BCP on logging and another on filtering. Is there a
> reason you do not have those listed as deliverables/milestones? They
> have already been started; why not plan to finish the work?

It is not clear to me that there is enthusiasm to complete existing  
documents, in all cases. Ensuring that there is available energy in  
the author and reviewer roles for documents to proceed in a timely  
fashion seems prudent before they are memorialised in the charter.  
That would seem to imply either proceeding with a charter which lists  
minimal deliverables (as posted), or delaying introduction of a new  
charter until the status and ambitions of all work items can be  
established. The latter approach seems to risk conflict between  
chickens and eggs.

I am certainly not arguing against the idea of laying out our project  
plan on a rolling basis for the next three or four meetings. However,  
it seems to me that we ought to be able to agree on the meat of the  
charter first as a basis for building that plan.

> Just so you know, I tried to look at the archive to see if this had
> been discussed. I cannot find the archives. The link from
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/opsec/ doesn't work. The link in the charter
> munges two links together.

A small amount of cut-and-paste might be needed, or you could just use
the link I included in the e-mail you quoted:

>>   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/opsec/current/maillist.html

Joe

_______________________________________________
OPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec
_______________________________________________
OPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec