Subject: [OPSEC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-v6-24.txt> (Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 16:40:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Operational Security Capabilities
for IP Network Infrastructure WG (opsec) to consider the following document:
- 'Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks'
  <draft-ietf-opsec-v6-24.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Knowledge and experience on how to operate IPv4 securely is
   available: whether it is the Internet or an enterprise internal
   network.  However, IPv6 presents some new security challenges.  RFC
   4942 describes the security issues in the protocol, but network
   managers also need a more practical, operations-minded document to
   enumerate advantages and/or disadvantages of certain choices.

   This document analyzes the operational security issues associated
   with several types of network and proposes technical and procedural
   mitigation techniques.  This document is only applicable to managed
   networks, such as enterprise building networks.  The recommendations
   in this document are not applicable to residential user cases, even
   in cases where a Service Provider may be managing the home gateway.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.