Subject: [OPSEC] Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsec-v6-25: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 11:13:12 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsec-v6-25: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't gone through the dozens of references to verify the claims about
them, so I'm trusting the WG and ADs here...

In Sec 2.3.2.4, RA-Guard and SAVI are recommended, but then in the same
paragraph it says that "only trivial cases" should enable it by default. I
can't reconcile these two statements.

---

From: Enno Rey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 20:31:33 +0200

Hi Martin,

thank you for the evaluation.

In fact your sentiment identifies a proper point. I've modified the respective section, and a new version has been uploaded.

Thanks again & have a good weekend

Enno

> _______________________________________________
> OPSEC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec

-- 
Enno Rey

Cell: +49 173 6745902
Twitter: @Enno_Insinuator