Subject: [OPSEC] About drafts on source address validation for intra-domain and inter-domain networks

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:47:15 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

I am Dan Li, a professor in Tsinghua University. I am writing this letter to
ask for feedbacks about our recent IETF drafts on source address validation
(SAV) technologies.

Our team in Tsinghua University has been continuously working on SAV
technologies since 2005. In RFC 5210, we divide the SAVA architecture into 3
levels, namely, access network, intra-domain network and inter-domain
network. In 2008, together with other colleagues we established the SAVI
working group in IETF which focused on SAV at access networks. In recent
years, our team has been working on SAV in intra-domain and inter-domain
networks, with the particular goal of overcoming the inaccuracy problem of
uRPF-related technologies used in current practice. 

In IETF 112, we gave a presentation on gap analysis of existing intra-AS and
inter-AS SAV solutions (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-sav-gap-analysis/ ). Recently, we
submitted a framework draft of our intra- and inter-domain SAV design (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-dsav-framework/). In addition, we
also submitted a draft which introduces another kind of inter-domain SAV
solution ( https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savax-control/).

To better move these works forward, we want to get feedbacks on these 3
drafts from our community and call for more colleagues (if interested) to
collaborate. Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best,

Dan