Subject: LSA Group Pacing

From: Erblichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:12:52 -0700

Group,

        I was working on extensions to something like
        the LSA group pacing feature used by Cisco..

        However, I don't remember seeing this original feature
        documented in a RFC.

        Was this ever pulled from a Informational, Experimental,
        draft, or Standard RFC?

        Thanks,

                Mitchell Erblich

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:17:37 -0400

>         Was this ever pulled from a Informational, Experimental,

AFAIK, there is none. Most implementations stagger LSA refresh. In
fact, in one case I implemented a randomized initial age to assure
that a single event (e.g., an ATM or frame relay cloud flapping)
would not cause all your summary LSAs to be synchronized.

--
Acee

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:26:04 -0700

I had a draft on this that described what I did in Zebra.
It expired, but can still be found in the IETF proceedings.
Ostap Monkewich actually simulated the described approach.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00dec/I-D/draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-01.txt

--
Alex