Subject: Re: what cause the generation of LSAs, and which LSAs

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:04:25 -0400

Hi Beatriz,

Though Acee has pointed you to the section where you can get related
information, a simple rule you can apply is, whenever you feel that the
information carried by a previous version of the LSA has changed, (for
whatever reason e.g a new neighbor to full state), you need to originate an
LSA.

Besides that a new instance of the same LSA are sent out on refresh, however
these are periodic and not caused by any change in topology.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Beatriz Silva [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: what cause the generation of LSAs, and which LSAs

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know (or know where I could find something about it) which kind
of changes in the topology lead to generation of which kind of LSAs and by
whom (router or network LSAs, or both together - I am talking about one area
only)?

Thanks,

Beatriz.