Subject: query

From: Kasi Viswanath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:23:45 +0530

hi,

I found there are some changes in rfc documents from 1247 and 2328,
but there are some incompatibilities are found.
Does ospf implementation should allow both methods? (I mean backward compatibility?)

And, I found that there is  

University of maryland's free distribution of OSPF earlier implementation,
but I do n't know where can I get that distribution.
(send mail to Mr. Rob coltun but failure reply :| )

Thirteenth & Sixteenth Proceedings of IETF online version?

can any one please help me to get this.

Thanks In Advance.

with regards
kasi viswanath.N.J

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:18:46 -0400

> Does ospf implementation should allow both methods? (I mean backward

Specifically what incompatibilities are you talking about? AFAIK, the only
one which is not backward compatible is the ASBR preference in AS external
route computation. Hence, there is a configuration flag to support
backward compatibility.

> but I do n't know where can I get that distribution.

This is still exant in the public domain version of gated (3.5.11). However,
it doesn't seem to be available for Nexthop technologies (a commercial spin-off
of the gated consortium). John Moy's GPL version at www.ospf.org is a more
current reference implementation.

--
Acee