Subject: line protocol for serial connection

From: gab jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:30:29 +0100

Hi guys,

We have a ospf private network running frame relay and voip.

we have have two connections from the core area 0 connecting two remote
sites in two different areas.

connection 1(area 1) has encapsulation type ppp and the other connection
2(area 2) has encapsulation frame relay.

The connection 1(area 1) has a clockrate configured on the serial interface
to enable clocking due to the network being a private network.

The 2nd connection has encapsulation frame relay and the serial interface
has the lmi type configured has dce to enable the line protocol up.

But the 2nd connection running frame relay with lmi type configured has dce
on the serial interface the router keeps putting a clock rate statement even
when i issue a

no clockrate command

It just comes up again by default.

Because i have enabled the serial interface to be dce there shouldnt be a
clock rate set up.

I have noticed that without a clock rate configured on the interface of
connection 2 the link is very slow and the remote site is unable to send a
ping request to the the hub site area 0.

The router putting the default clockrate is the backbone router is a 7513
with ios version 11.1

regards,
gab

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com