Subject: Which LSA is generate first

From: Beatriz Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:45:42 -0500

Hello everybody !

Thanks again !

I would like to know the following:

If a link of a router goes down and this link is part of a Broadcast network, whose Designated Router is the same that the link went down. Which LSA will be generated first, the router LSA or the network LSA saying that the network contains now less routers than it used to have. Who generates the network LSA is the new DR for the network ?

Thanks,
Beatriz
--
__________________________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

---

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:42:12 -0400

Hi Beatriz,

Please have a look at RFC2328, you can get answers to most of ur questions
there. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2328.txt

You could also try to have a look at the archives at
http://discuss.microsoft.com/archives/ospf.html

However for ur question, the DR originates the network LSA, and there is no
strict ordering requirement of the order in which LSA's are to be generated.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Beatriz Silva [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 10:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Which LSA is generate first

Hello everybody !

Thanks again !

If a link of a router goes down and this link is part of a Broadcast
network, whose Designated Router is the same that the link went down. Which
LSA will be generated first, the router LSA or the network LSA saying that
the network contains now less routers than it used to have. Who generates
the network LSA is the new DR for the network ?

Thanks,
Beatriz