Subject: Re: Opaque LSA Type

From: praveendas e <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:28:27 +0000

Hai Amith,
In the draft
draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-06.txt they are saying as
   "
   Three types of Opaque LSAs exist, each of which has different
   flooding scope.  This proposal uses only Type 10 LSAs, which have
   area flooding scope. "
in section 2.1 LSA Type

But in the RFC 2370 it is clear that
   "Link-state type 9 denotes a link-local scope. Type-9 Opaque LSAs are not
flooded beyond the local (sub)network" and
    "Link-state type 11 denotes that the LSA is flooded throughout the
Autonomous System (AS). The flooding scope of type-11 LSAs are equivalent to
the flooding scope of AS-external (type-5) LSAs. Specifically type-11 Opaque
LSAs are 1) flooded throughout all transit areas, 2) not flooded into stub
areas from the backbone and 3) not originated by routers into their
connected stub areas. As with type-5 LSAs, if a type-11 Opaque LSA is
received in a stub area from a neighboring router within the stub area the
LSA is rejected. "

    Hope this will help you
Regards
Praveendas

Hi All,
      We all know that Type 10 of opaque LSA is used
for the TE Application.
what are Type 9 and Type 11 LSAs used for???
Regards
Amit

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

---

From: praveendas e <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:29:58 +0000

Hai Amith,
In the draft

    Hope this will help you
Regards
Praveendas

Hi All,

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
http://www.hotmail.com