Subject: ietf 56 ospf wg meeting minutes

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:32:37 -0500

Attached. Many thanks to Dimitri for putting these together!

--rohit.

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:50:07 -0500

With regard to the following extract from the minutes:

> - Acee Lindem: we have now 3 methods for loop avoidance: Route Tag, DN Bit
>   and for Intra-Area link (sham links)

> - Eric Rosen: sham links is the preferred method (in addition to DN bit)

> - Acee Lindem: Thus we would have two preferred methods: DN bit and sham
>   links ?

> - Eric Rosen: For Type3/5 DN bit applies and this without impacting the
>   OSPF protocol but it would have been better to have only one mechanism

I think the following would be more accurate:

- Acee Lindem: we have now 3 methods for loop avoidance: Route Tag, DN Bit
  and for Intra-Area link (sham links)

- Eric Rosen: route tags can be  eliminated in favor of the DN bit, but sham
  links cannot be.

- Acee Lindem: Thus we would have two preferred methods: DN bit and sham
  links ?

- Eric Rosen:  DN bit applies only to type 3/5 LSAs.

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:14:26 -0500

Eric,

Thanks - We'll update. Also, I'm updating the punctation of
one of my statements.

> - Acee Lindem: Thus we would have two preferred methods: DN bit and sham
     links.

--
Acee