Subject: OOB Resynch

From: Mareline Sheldon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:19:20 -0800

Hi,
Can i use OOB Resynch draft (along with link local signalling/etc) by Zinin for implementing
graceful restart?

If yes, then why do i need a separate graceful restart draft?

Regards,
Mareline S.

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
http://platinum.yahoo.com

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:14:29 -0500

Mareline Sheldon wrote:

Hello Mareline,

> Can i use OOB Resynch draft (along with link local signalling/etc) by Zinin for implementing

Not if you wish to interoperate with the IETF standard.

> If yes, then why do i need a separate graceful restart draft?

The was the approach described in draft-ietf-ospf-hitless-restart-06.txt
was chosen by the OSPF WG more than 2 years ago. Please check the OSPF
list archives for more information.

http://discuss.microsoft.com/archives/ospf.html

--
Acee