Subject: Re: OSPFv2 MIB draft

From: Don Goodspeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:18:05 -0500

All,

OK, here's my opinion (two cents please) and let me know if this
would fly.  For the current mib-update-nn file, only add additional
attributes that are missing, and do no structural changes such as
re-indexing, new tables, changes in max-access, etc. unless absolutely
needed.  Then get the thing done and published.

Then start a new OSPFv2-MIB registered either under the existing
"ospf" node, or under a completely new registration point from IANA.
Then start this sucker from scratch.  Do it once and do it right.
Make the entire file SMIv2 compliant, add/modify/delete any tables
that do not work, any traps that do not work, etc.  Add an instance
as an index to all tables (like in ISIS-MIB).  Take all these
discussion and comments and implement them once.

Once done, we go back and deprecate the original OSPF-MIB file.

Any takers,
Don

_______________________________________________
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:18:29 -0500

[Speaking as WG member]

> All,

Hi Don,

> needed.  Then get the thing done and published.

I agree here. This was before the ADs in the past and we decided to
bring it back to the WG after updating it for some of the new
features.

> discussion and comments and implement them once.

A new MIB is the way to go if it is really required. People haven't
screamed for it yet.

--
Acee