Subject: Protocol Action: 'Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Packets and Congestion Avoidance' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:37:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Packets and Congestion Avoidance '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-09.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin.

Technical Summary
 
  This document recommends methods that are intended to improve the 
  scalability and stability of large networks using OSPF (Open Shortest
  Path First) protocol.  The methods include processing OSPF Hellos and
  LSA (Link State Advertisement) Acknowledgments at a higher priority
  compared to other OSPF packets, and other congestion avoidance 
  procedures.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The document has been extensively reviewed by the WG and modified to
  accomodate provided comments. There was a WG consensus on this document.  
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The specification has been reviewed for the IESG by Bill Fenner and Alex 
Zinin.