Subject: Re: NSSA summarization

From: "Pat Murphy - (650)329-4044" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:18:55 -0700

>Suppose I am summarizing type-7 LSAs.  In this case while generating 
>type-5 lsa we follow section 4.1 of rfc 1587,
...
>What happens if ospf database has one LSA with LS-Id matches to my 
>summary-address range and some LSAs with LS-Id falling under 
>summary-address range.  Then in this case what type of metric or 
>path-type we should set in the type-5 lsa?

What Sujay suggests is clearly described in RFC 3101 Section 3.2, 
namely:

(3) Else the Type-7 LSA must be aggregated by the most specific
    Type-7 address range that subsumes it.  If this Type-7 address
    range has the same [address,mask] pair as the LSA's network
    and no other translatable Type-7 LSA with a different network
    best matches this range, then flag the LSA as not contained in
    any explicitly configured Type-7 address range and process the
    LSA as described in step (2).  Otherwise compute the path type
    and metric for this Type-7 address range as described below...

RFC 3101 obsoletes RFC 1587.

Pat