Subject: [OSPF] OSPF WG Charter Update Straw Man

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:20:36 -0400

Here is a straw man for the WG charter update. Most of what
we've included are things we've already been working on.
This wouldn't preclude work on smaller items which aren't
specifically enumerated in the charter milestones.

Charter Update
Description of Working Group:
The OSPF Working develops and documents extensions and bug fixes to
the OSPF protocols as well as documenting OSPF usage scenarios.
The specific protocol work items area listed in the Goals and
Milestones section below. Additional major work items will
require rechartering.

Goals and Milestones:
Done	   	Gather operational experience with the OSPF protocol and
                 submit the document as an Informational RFC.
Done	   	Develop multiple implementations, and test against each other.
Done	   	Design the routing protocol, and write its specification.
Done	   	Obtain performance data for the protocol.
Done	   	Make changes to the specification (if necessary) and publish
                 the protocol as a Draft Standard RFC.
Done	   	Submit OSPF for IPv6 to IESG for consideration as a Standard.
Done	   	Update the OSPF NSSA option specified in RFC 1587 and submit
                 to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
Done	   	Develop Traffic Engineering extensions for OSPFv2 and submit
                 it to the IESG as a Proposed Standard
Done	   	Submit to IESG a document which updates RFC 1793 allowing
                 detection of demand circuit neighbors whose OSPF process has exited.
Done 	  	Submit to IESG a BCP advocating that OSPF LSA refreshes be
                 spread out over time
Done	   	Develop a hitless restart mechanism for OSPF and submit it
                 to the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
Done	   	Document Alternative ABR implementations and submit ti IESG
                 as an Informational RFC
Done	   	Extend the hitless restart mechanism to OSPFv3 and submit it
                 to the IESG as a Proposed Standard
Done	   	Develop Traffic Engineering extensions for OSPFv3 and submit
                 it to the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
Done	   	Submit to IESG a BCP advocating that OSPF Hellos be given
                 preference over other OSPF control traffic.
Done	   	Update OSPFv2 MIB and submit to IESG as a Standard,
                 replacing RFC 1850
Done	   	Specify IPSEC usage with OSPFv3 and submit to IESG for
                 consideration as a Proposed Standard
July 2007   	Develop OSPF for IPv6 MIB and submit to IESG for
                 consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Mar 2007   	Develop an IPSec based authentication for OSPFv2 and
                 submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Done	   	Develop OSPFv2 Multiple Topology Routing (MTR) specification
                 and submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Done	   	Develop OSPF Capabilities Advertisement specification and
                 submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Mar 2007   	Develop a multiple instance OSPFv3 Multiple Topology
                 Routing (MTR) specification and submit to IESG for
                 consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Mar 2007   	Advance Link Local Signalling (LLS) from experimental
                 status and submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed
                 Standard.
July 2007   	Develop a OSPFv2 Multiple Topology Routing (MTR) MIB
                 specification and submit to IESG for consideration as
                 a Proposed Standard.
July 2007   	Develop OSPFv3 protocol enhancements to reduce flooding
                 overhead and adjacencies in a MANET environment for
                 consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Nov 2007   	Develop OSPFv2 protocol enhancement for optionally
                 associating additional attributes with routes/link and
                 submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Mar 2008   	Develop a single instance OSPFv3 Multiple Topology
                 Routing (MTR) specification and submit to IESG for
                 consideration as a Proposed Standard.

Thanks,
Acee and Rohit

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf