Subject: [OSPF] draft-holla-ospf-update-graceful-restart-02 - Update to OSPF Graceful Restart procedure

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:18:37 -0400

The subject draft was presented in Montreal. It describes two enhancements
to the RFC 3623.

  1. The first is to provide a level of OSPF helper mode between strict LSA
      checking and no checking.
  2. An alternate mechanism for a helper to indicate to the restarting 
router
      that it will not help with restart. This is to convey this fact in 
situations
      where the restarting router isn't in exchange state or greater 
with any
      other routers in the area.

I guess the first question is whether or not OSPF graceful requires these
options as requirements. There was some discussion of this in Montreal
with various opinions.

Thanks,
Acee

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf