Subject: [OSPF] ospf packet rejection issues.....................

From: "SANTOSH H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:30:51 +0530

Hi All.

I  have the  following  query .

Here my setup  is Cisco2600 connected to   non- cisco device over T1
interface.

OSPF is configured between these two devices.

IOS version of Cisco router is 12.1 where as the non-cisco device's
operating system is Windows NT.

I am getting the following error on non-cisco device side :

Rejected an OSPF packet from 165.65.65.100 to 224.0.0.5 because the
OSPF data length in the OSPF header was 48 but the length calculated
from the IP Header fields was 60.

Due to the above reason  routing is not happening between private
networks  of above mentioned devices.

Above 165.65.65.100 is cisco end WAN address and  at non-cisco end WAN
address is 165.65.65.145.

Please let me know the solution , so that IP routing becomes
successful.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Santosh
_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:47:30 -0500

Hi Santosh,

If you read section 8.2 of RFC 2328, there is no place that says
that an OSPF router should make this check. We have OSPF Link Local
Signalling as a OSPF WG document and with this extension, the OSPF header
length will always be different than IP length. We'll discuss offline 
how to
resolve your immediate concern.

Acee

SANTOSH H wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Abhay D.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:09:21 +0800

Have you tried a different Vendor ?.

No offense...For light humour...

Rgds,
Abhay

SANTOSH H wrote:
> Rejected an OSPF packet from 165.65.65.100 <http://165.65.65.100/> to 
> 224.0.0.5 <http://224.0.0.5/> because the
> Above 165.65.65.100 <http://165.65.65.100/> is cisco end WAN address 
> and  at non-cisco end WAN
> address is 165.65.65.145 <http://165.65.65.145/>.
>
>