Subject: [OSPF] OSPF Restart Signaling

From: Michael Rozhavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:43:10 -0800

Hi,

I have a question regarding draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-06.txt.

Consider a topology with 4 routers in a broadcast network. Now, assume
that one of the DROther routers restarts. What should another DROther
router do with hello packets that have RS bit set? The draft says that
we should skip 2-way connectivity check only when the neighbor is in
state FULL, but does not explicitly says what to do otherwise.

Thank you in advance.
-- 
	Michael Rozhavsky

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: "Abhay D.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:29:02 +0800

hi Rozhavsky,
An implementation explicitly might record that a router requested a 
re-start, but the DR other does
not qualify for helping, since it has no information it can give to 
re-starting DR other.
One of the better things to do here is just give a log information ..
Abhay