Subject: [OSPF] distributed version of John Moy's ospfd simulator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:16:44 -0600

Hi all,

A distributed version of John Moy's ospfd simulator is available at
http://www.cs.uwm.edu/~mukul/newospfd.html

The main changes over the original simulator are:

1) Individual router processes could be run over different machines.
2) Topology changes can be specified in a simulation script.
3) It is possible to associate time requirement with different processing tasks
(processing packets, doing Dijkstra calculation etc.) (hence it is possible to
track router "busy" periods).
4) Took away the GUI.

We have been using the simulator for over 6 months now and hence are pretty
confident that it is now bug free. We have used the simulator to do 80 router
simulations over 2 linux machines. We have not yet worked on porting it to
other OS.

We dont yet have extensive documentation for the modified simulator. Some
documentation is available on the web page identified above. I will be happy to
help any one interested in using this simulator. I will be happy to receive any
comments on our modifications.

Thanks,
Mukul Goyal

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf