Subject: [OSPF] OSPF-MDR welcomes comments

From: Richard Ogier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:54:00 -0800

All,

I encourage people to read and send comments for the OSPF-MDR draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-10.txt

So far, the following changes are planned for the February 25 deadline:

1. Add an option bit to the Hello TLV, which indicates whether
AdjConnectivity = 0 (no adjacency reduction).
A router always forms an adjacency with a bidirectional neighbor
that has set this bit.  As a result, interoperability is achieved
even if each router chooses AdjConnectivity and LSAFullness
independently of the other routers.

2. Clarify the rationale for selecting parameter values and
the fact that different routers need not select the same
parameter values for the new MDR parameters.

3. In the algorithm descriptions, instead of using the term
"neighbor" as an abbreviation for "bidirectional neighbor",
use the term "bi-neighbor".

Richard

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf