Subject: Re: [OSPF] CCAMP last call on advertisement of inter-AS TE links

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:46:16 -0400

I can't speak for the OSPF WG as a whole, but I have reviewed the  
subject document and am very happy to see that the suggestion to use  
separate inter-AS LSA types has been incorporated. I have no further  
technical comments on the document and trust that the ccamp WG has  
verified that this information encoding meets the TE requirements.  
The usage described in sections 2.2 and 2.3 seem reasonable to me.

I have the following editorial comments:

   1. Sections 3.3.2 and 3.3.2 - Both of these say "Use of the TE  
Router ID is RECOMMENDED." I believe these should be respectively  
replaced by "Use of the TE Router Address as specified in the Router  
Address TLV [OSPF-TE] is RECOMMENDED." and "Use of the TE Router IPv6  
Address as specified in the IPv6 Router Address as specified in the  
IPv6 Router Address TLV [OSPF-V3-TE] is RECOMMENDED."
   2. Section 3.2.1 states "This is because... that may operate in a  
different address space;". If they are using a different address  
space on the link between the ASes, then I'd expect there to be  
problems with BGP as well :^) I'd suggest:
       "Given that OSPF is an IGP and should only be utilized between  
routers in the same routing domain, the OSPF specific Link ID and  
Neighbor ID sub-TLVs are not applicable to inter-AS links.".
   3. You may want to expand some acronyms on their first use. For  
example, "AS Boundary Router (ASBR)", "Link State Advertisement  
(LSA)" and
      "Path Computation Element (PCE)".
   4. [OSPFV3] is listed to as both a Normative and Informative  
reference.

Thanks,
Acee

On Mar 19, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may recall providing useful review and feedback on
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-interas- 
> te-extension-02.txt
>
> The authors believe that they have taken on board all the comments  
> received
> from the OSPF working group and have updated the draft accordingly.
>
>
> CCAMP is holding a three week working group last call on this I-D  
> along with
> its IS-IS partner document:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-isis-interas- 
> te-extension-00.txt
>
> These documents describe how to advertise the TE links that connect  
> an AS to
> the outside world within the AS's IGP. As the drafts are at pains  
> to point
> out, there is no proposal to advertise the TE information more  
> widely (such
> as to other ASes).
>
> The last call will end at 12 noon BST on April 9th 2008.
>
> Please send your comments to the CCAMP list or direct to the CCAMP  
> chairs.
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian and Deborah
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:11:00 +0800

Hi Acee,

Thanks for your review and comments! 

Since there are no technical issues, I will update the I-D until the end of the WG last call.

>> Please send your comments to the CCAMP list or direct to the CCAMP  

Best regards,			
Mach Chen