Subject: [OSPF] OSPF-MDR draft and software update

From: Richard Ogier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:46:31 -0800

A new version of the OSPF-MDR draft is available.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-mdr-01.txt

The changes are listed below.
In addition, new improved OSPF-MDR patches (version 1.00) for the
Quagga implementation and GTNetS simulator are available at
http://hipserver.mct.phantomworks.org/ietf/ospf/

These patches are compliant with the current draft.
Also, the following website for OSPF-MDR includes a powerpoint
presentation with new simulation results for up to 200 nodes:
http://www.manet-routing.org/

Richard

Changes for version 01 of the draft:

o  Simplified the definition of a routable neighbor so that
   a Full neighbor is not treated as a special case.

o  Modified the definition of a "backbone neighbor" slightly
   to ensure correct interoperation between routers that use
   adjacency reduction and routers that do not.
   (Such interoperation was never intended until recently.)

o  Changed the default value of AckInterval to 1 sec, and added a
   recommendation for the amount of time Acks should be delayed.

o  Added an appendix with simulation results.
 
o  Editorial changes.

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf