Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5185 on OSPF Multi-Area Adjacency

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5185

        Title:      OSPF Multi-Area Adjacency 
        Author:     S. Mirtorabi, P. Psenak,
                    A. Lindem, Ed., A. Oswal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 18698
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-multi-area-adj-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5185.txt

This document describes an extension to the Open Shortest Path First
(OSPF) protocol to allow a single physical link to be shared by
multiple areas.  This is necessary to allow the link to be considered
an intra-area link in multiple areas.  This would create an intra-
area path in each of the corresponding areas sharing the same link.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf