Subject: [OSPF] Same subnet and Nested subnet OSPF interfaces in OSPFv2

From: "Varghese John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:37:32 -0400

Hello,
  I am trying to find whether any OSPF deployments have the use case of
having more than one OSPF interface on
the same subnet or nested subnets.

  It would be good to know the following -

   1. Any use case on having multiple OSPF interface with same subnet over
multiple physical networks.
   2. Any use case on having multiple OSPF interface with nested/overlapping
subnets over multiple physical networks.
   3. Any use case on having mulitple OSPF interface with same subnet over
mulitple logical interfaces ( the logical interface may point to same
           physical/Layer 2 network).

   4. Any use case on having mulitple OSPF interface with nested/overlapping
subnets over mulitple logical interfaces ( the logical interface may point
to same
           physical/Layer 2 network).

   Any thoughts and helps would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
-varghese
_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf