Subject: [OSPF] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5449 (1697)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:34:45 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5449,
"OSPF Multipoint Relay (MPR) Extension for Ad Hoc Networks".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5449&eid=1697

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: A., 2nd para

Original Text
-------------
   The following terminology will be used in describing the heuristics:
   D(Y) is the degree of a 1-hop neighbor, router Y (where Y is a member
|  of N(i), defined as the number of neighbors of router Y, EXCLUDING
   all the members of N(i) and EXCLUDING the router performing the
   computation.  The proposed heuristic can then be described as
   follows.  Begin with an empty Flooding-MPR set.  Then:

Corrected Text
--------------
   The following terminology will be used in describing the heuristics:
   D(Y) is the degree of a 1-hop neighbor, router Y (where Y is a member
|  of N(i)), defined as the number of neighbors of router Y, EXCLUDING
   all the members of N(i) and EXCLUDING the router performing the
   computation.  The proposed heuristic can then be described as
   follows.  Begin with an empty Flooding-MPR set.  Then:

Notes
-----
A missing matching ')' makes the text very ambiguous and confusing.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5449 (draft-ietf-ospf-manet-mpr-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : OSPF Multipoint Relay (MPR) Extension for Ad Hoc Networks
Publication Date    : February 2009
Author(s)           : E. Baccelli, P. Jacquet, D. Nguyen, T. Clausen
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Open Shortest Path First IGP
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:40:34 -0500

RFC Editor,

The right parenthesis is obviously missing. However, I'd disagree  
that the omission makes the text very ambiguous or confusing.

Alfred - one thing that would be more useful would be if you reviewed  
the documents during WG or IETF Last Call rather than immediately  
after they become RFCs :^)

Thanks,
Acee

On Mar 1, 2009, at 4:34 PM, RFC Errata System wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf