Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5820 on Extensions to OSPF to Support Mobile Ad Hoc Networking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5820

        Title:      Extensions to OSPF to Support 
                    Mobile Ad Hoc Networking 
        Author:     A. Roy, Ed.,
                    M. Chandra, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 95603
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5820.txt

This document describes extensions to OSPF to support mobile ad hoc
networks (MANETs).  The extensions, called OSPF-OR (OSPF-Overlapping 
Relay), include mechanisms for link-local signaling (LLS), an OSPF-MANET 
interface, a simple technique to reduce the size of Hello packets by only 
transmitting incremental state changes, and a method for optimized 
flooding of routing updates.  OSPF-OR also provides a means to reduce 
unnecessary adjacencies to support larger MANETs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC