Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5786 on Advertising a Router's Local Addresses in OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:18:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5786

        Title:      Advertising a Router's Local Addresses 
                    in OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Extensions 
        Author:     R. Aggarwal, K. Kompella
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15541
        Updates:    RFC3630

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-te-node-addr-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5786.txt

OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) extensions are used to advertise TE
Link State Advertisements (LSAs) containing information about TE-enabled
links.  The only addresses belonging to a router that are
advertised in TE LSAs are the local addresses corresponding to TE-enabled
links, and the local address corresponding to the Router ID.

In order to allow other routers in a network to compute Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineered Label Switched Paths (TE
LSPs) to a given router's local addresses, those addresses must also
be advertised by OSPF TE.

This document describes procedures that enhance OSPF TE to advertise
a router's local addresses.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC