Subject: [OSPF] RFC 5838 on Support of Address Families in OSPFv3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:58:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5838

        Title:      Support of Address Families in 
                    OSPFv3 
        Author:     A. Lindem, Ed.,
                    S. Mirtorabi, A. Roy,
                    M. Barnes, R. Aggarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26193
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-af-alt-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5838.txt

This document describes a mechanism for supporting multiple address
families (AFs) in OSPFv3 using multiple instances.  It maps an AF to
an OSPFv3 instance using the Instance ID field in the OSPFv3 packet
header.  This approach is fairly simple and minimizes extensions to
OSPFv3 for supporting multiple AFs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC