Subject: [OSPF] Request for feedback on draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:42:19 -0400

Hi,

We've posted a new draft, draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00, that describes the OSPF
extensions to support MRT fast-reroute (give 100% coverage, been discussed
in rtgwg for a couple years now).

I'd be quite interested in feedback from the WG.

Thanks,

Alia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 1:37 PM
To: Chris Bowers; Shraddha Hegde; Alia Atlas; cbowers@; Jeff Tantsura
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Alia Atlas and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:   draft-atlas-ospf-mrt

Revision:   00

Title:            OSPF Extensions to Support Maximally Redundant Trees

Creation date:    2013-07-12

Group:            Individual Submission

Number of pages: 13

URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt

Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-ospf-mrt

Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00

Abstract:

   This document specifies extensions to OSPF to support the distributed

   computation of Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT).  Some example uses of

   the MRTs include IP/LDP Fast-Reroute and global protection or live-

   live for multicast traffic.  The extensions indicate what MRT

   profile(s) each router supports.  Different MRT profiles can be

   defined to support different uses and to allow transitioning of

   capabilities.  An extension is introduced to flood MRT-Ineligible

   links, due to administrative policy.

   The need for a mechanism to allow routers to advertise a worst-case

   FIB compute/install time is well understood for controlling

   convergence.  This specification introduces the Controlled

   Convergence TLV to be carried in the Router Information LSA.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:23:57 +0000

Here is the draft describing the base MRT architecture:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-03.txt

On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:

 Hi,

We've posted a new draft, draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00, that describes the OSPF extensions to support MRT fast-reroute (give 100% coverage, been discussed in rtgwg for a couple years now).

Thanks,

Alia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 1:37 PM
To: Chris Bowers; Shraddha Hegde; Alia Atlas; cbowers@; Jeff Tantsura
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Alia Atlas and posted to the IETF repository.

Revision:   00

Number of pages: 13

URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00.txt

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf