Subject: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-06.txt> (OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:00:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OSPFv2 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
   with the fixed-format Link State Advertisements (LSAs) as described
   in RFC 2328.  This document defines OSPF opaque LSAs based on Type-
   Length-Value (TLV) tuples that can be used to associate additional
   attributes with prefixes or links.  Dependent on the application,
   these prefixes and links may or not be advertised in the fixed-format
   LSAs.  The OSPF opaque LSAs are optional and fully backward
   compatible.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.