Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:16:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr/

Technical Summary

    OSPFv2 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
   with the fixed-format Link State Advertisements (LSAs) as described
   in RFC 2328.This document defines OSPF opaque LSAs based on Type-
   Length-Value (TLV) tuples that can be used to associate additional
   attributes with prefixes or links.

Working Group Summary

     There has been much discusson about the protocol operations
      when the extended prefix TLVs appear multiple times in the OPAQUE 
      LSA and different flooding scope of the extended Prefix LSA.
 
      As a result of the discussion, the document has been updated with 
      details of receive side handling for all the cases along with 
      recommended behaviours for send side to minimize disruptions 
      in the network.

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for a little under one year.
      It is stable, without changes to the technical solution for more
      than three months. 

      Additionally, the document has been successfully implemented by
      interoperability tested by multiple vendors as indicated by the 
      implementation status section. 

Personnel

      Shraddha Hegde is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

  Please remove the Section 5 on Implementation Status.