Subject: [OSPF] FW: I-D Action: draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation-00.txt

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 07:58:45 +0000

Dear all, 

We have submitted a new draft draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation, which aims to mitigate the problem described in draft-dong-ospf-maxage-flush-problem-statement-01. 

Comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Jie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 5:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LSA Flushing Problem Mitigation in OSPF Networks
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Xudong Zhang
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   In OSPF protocol, LSAs with the LS age at MaxAge are not used in
   routing table calculation and MUST be flushed in the network.  In
   some cases, the flushing of OSPF MaxAge LSAs may cause flooding storm
   of OSPF packets and severely impact network stability and the
   services provided by the network.  This document specifies a backward
   compatible mechanism to mitigate the impact of MaxAge LSA flushing in
   OSPF networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-ospf-flush-mitigation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/