Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:22:03 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-23.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend/

Technical Summary

  This document extends the OSPFv3 LSA format by encoding the existing 
  OSPFv3 LSA information in Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing
  advertisement of additional information with additional TLVs.  Backward
  compatibility mechanisms are also described.

Working Group Summary

  There has been significant discussion of the draft by the authors and 
  the vendors implementing the draft (Nokia and Huawei). There have been 
  numerous iterations and the backward compatibility scenarios have been 
  simplified.

Document Quality

   The document has been implemented by a couple vendors and several 
  OSPFv3 extensions are based on this document.  It has been stable
  for more than a year with only a couple minor encoding corrections.

Personnel

  Peter Psenak is the Document Shepherd.
  Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.