Subject: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 07:03:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPFv3 Extensions for Segment Routing
        Authors         : Peter Psenak
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Rob Shakir
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-11.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2018-01-26

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows a flexible definition of end-to-end paths
   within IGP topologies by encoding paths as sequences of topological
   sub-paths, called "segments".  These segments are advertised by the
   link-state routing protocols (IS-IS and OSPF).

   This draft describes the OSPFv3 extensions required for Segment
   Routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 16:08:05 +0100

Hi,

an updated OSPFv3 SR draft has been posted.

This is a significant rewrite, please read and provide comments.

Summary of the changes:

1. clarified that this draft only specifies the SR extension for MPLS 
data plane. SRv6 extension will be specified in a different document. As 
a result section 3.5 (SR-Forwarding Capabilities) has been removed.

2. SID/Label Sub-TLV code point changed fro 3 to 7, because 3 has been 
defined in draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-23 for Route Tag sub-TLV.

3. SR Local Block Sub-TLV code point changed from 12 to 14 and SRMS 
Preference Sub-TLV code point changed from 13 to 15. These values are 
sharing the same registry with OSPF2 and original values has been taken 
for other extensions.

4. Address Family in OSPFv3 Extended Prefix Range TLV has been defined 
for both IPv4 and IPv6 unicast, IPv4 taking the value 0 and IPv6 taking 
the value 1 (changed from 0). IPv4 AF was added to support the IPv4 
multi-instance case. Value 0 is now consistently used in both OSPFv2 and 
OSPFv3 SR drafts for IPv4 AF.

5 section 6 (SID/Label Binding Sub-TLV) has been removed, similar to 
what has been done for OSPFv2 SR draft.

6 Security Consideration section has been added.

7. References have been updated

8. lots of comments that were addressed in OSPFv2 SR draft during the 
RTGDIR, OPSDIR, GENART, etc., reviews have been incorporated. OSPFv2 and 
OSPFv3 drafts are now back in sync.

thanks,
Peter

On 26/01/18 16:03 , [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf
> .
>