Subject: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-11.txt> (OSPF Link Overload) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:15:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document: - 'OSPF Link Overload'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When a link is being prepared to be taken out of service, the traffic
   needs to be diverted from both ends of the link.  Increasing the
   metric to the highest metric on one side of the link is not
   sufficient to divert the traffic flowing in the other direction.

   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to be
   able to advertise a link as being in an overload state to indicate
   impending maintenance activity on the link.  This information can be
   used by the network devices to re-route the traffic effectively.

   This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate link-
   overload information in OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2577/