Subject: Protocol Action: OTP Extended Responses to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:13:31 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft "OTP Extended Responses"
<draft-ietf-otp-ext-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard. It is a product of the
One Time Password Working Group. The IESG contact person is Jeffrey I.
Schiller.

Technical Summary

This document defines an extension to RFC1938 that permits a server
requiring a one-time password and its communicating peer (the password
"generator") to explicitly indicate the type of information being passed. It
also provides a mechanism that for a client (the password generator) to
re-initialize a sequence of one-time passwords. The mechanism defined here
is backward compatible with non-extended RFC1938 implementations.

Working Group Summary

The OTP Working Group came to consensus on this document after several
iterations.

Protocol Quality

The Security Area Director (Jeffrey I. Schiller) has reviewed this document
and concluded that it performs its function as described.