Subject: [p2pi] Workshop Agenda (and more about lunch)

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 18:45:25 -0400

9:30 - Welcome/Note Well/Intro Slides
 9:45 - Service Provider Perspective (Comcast) (40m talk/20m discussion)
10:45 - Application Designer Perspective (BitTorrent) (20m/10m)
11:15 - Lightning Talks & General Discussion
11:45 - Lunch
12:45 - Localization and Caches
 2:15 - Afternoon Break
 2:30 - New Approaches to Congestion
 3:15 - Quality of Service
 4:00 - Conclusions & Wrap
 4:30 - Meeting Ends

This is how we'd like to structure the agenda. The morning "lightning
talks" will be focused on additional scoping of the problem space. The
afternoon topics, encompassing localization/caching, congestion
management, and QoS will all have multiple speakers. We will be sending
out a few solicitations for speakers based on the position papers
starting today. Also, bear in mind that these sorts of events have a
tendancy to run a bit late, so the end time is flexible.

Interest in this workshop has been very high, and we'd like to thank
everyone who submitted position papers. Since the scale of the workshop
is steadily growing (requests for waivers have continued to come in over
the past week, and this mailing list has in fact grown by about 30
persons in that time frame), our main logistical challenge has become
planning for lunch. Compounding this problem, many position papers have
multiple authors who may or may not be there, and many waivers came in
the form of family RSVPs ("me + 2 or so").

To address this, we are going to prop up a registration server,
hopefully by the middle of next week. We'll use these registrations to
print nametags, but the server will also beat you up for some lunch
money, given that feeding the number of interested parties has become a
non-trivial task. Please do keep an eye out for the announcement of the
registration page. We do apologize for the last-minute nature of this,
but the alternative is a roomful of hungry engineers, and none of us
wants to see that.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi

---

From: "Robb Topolski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:15:58 -0400

Best of luck tomorrow, Jon.  I'm looking forward to it and still planning on
doing the Lightning Talk.  Slides on USB key okay?  Do you want something
before then?

-- 
Robb Topolski ([email-masked])
Hillsboro, Oregon USA
http://www.funchords.com/
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi