Subject: [p2pi] New I-D:P2P Traffic Localization by Traceroute and 2-Means Classification

From: "hishigh hishigh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:20:05 +0800

A new version of I-D, draft-zhang-alto-tracerout-01.txt has been posted to
the IETF repository.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-alto-tracerout-01.txt
Title:           P2P Traffic Localization by Traceroute and 2-Means
Classification
Creation_date:   2008-07-11
Abstract:
Most P2P system performance suffers from the mismatch between the
randomly constructed overlays topology and the underlying physical
network topology, causing a large burden in the ISP and a long RTT
time. This document describes how DHT overlay peers can interact with
the routers by traceroute to get the path information, and execute 2-
Means Classification, thereafter peers leverage the DHT itself to
build efficient "closer" cluster. This scheme only requires the
infrastructure to enable traceroute queries.
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi