Subject: [p2pi] Revised charter

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:22:55 +0200

Vijay, Lisa and I have reviewed the comments on the charter posted right
after the BoF and put together a new version which should be consistent
with current thinking of folks on this list. The new version is
available at http://alto.tilab.com/docs/charter.txt (as always, diffs
from previous version at http://alto.tilab.com/docs/charter.txt.diff).

The main substantial change is about third-party queries, as it seems
people don't feel comfortable ruling them out at this time. Current text
 basically says that the working group will take special care to avoid
ALTO to be abused by third-party queries, in fact deferring to the
working group the decision whether to forbid third-party queries or
provide a mechanism to control them. Other changes are mostly editorial.

It seems the working group is converging and we feel fairly good about
it; please take a look, comment, and propose changes if you see anything
you don't like.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:10:23 -0500

> from previous version at http://alto.tilab.com/docs/charter.txt.diff).

All:

Since we have not received any more comments on the last version
of the charter (we believe last version addresses the few
remaining concerns), we have requested that Lisa discuss it with
the IESG.

Please do review the current charter as it moves ahead.  The
review-and-approval process is defined in RFC 2418; if everything
goes smoothly, an IETF-wide Last Call will be announced shortly
on the ietf-announce mailing list. That will be yet another
opportunity to put comments in; but of course, the earlier we
can hear the comments, the better.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi