Subject: [p2pi] Charter proposed for IETF review

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:29:56 +0200

Lisa has sent the charter at http://alto.tilab.com/docs/charter.txt to
the IETF secretariat to send out for IETF-wide last call. The text is a
variant of the last version posted on this list, modified according to
comments received by IESG.

In regards to that version, relevant changes include:
+ Intermediaries explicitly ruled out from the first batch of work (it's
  been suggested that with such a limitation the WG will have more
  chances to achieve its goals; if, at a later stage, the need for
  non-transparent intermediaries arises, the WG will have maturated
  enough experience and adding support for intermediaries to the charter
  will be safer).
+ Clarified how the WG will deal with third-party queries.
+ Replaced term "schema" (which did generate some confusion).
+ Fixed dates and milestones.
+ Added "Initial Drafts for Consideration" section (likely to be dropped
  after LC).

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico
_______________________________________________
p2pi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2pi