Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: 1st Intl. Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable P2P Systems

From: Kenji Saito <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:39:06 +0900

*** our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***

******************************************************************************
* The First International Workshop on
* Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2006)
* http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/
*
* In conjunction with The First International Conference on
* Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2006).
* http://www.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/ares2006/
*
* Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* April 20th-22nd, 2006
******************************************************************************

[CALL FOR PAPERS]

The First International Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer
Systems (DAS-P2P 2006) is the first workshop which focuses on dependability
and sustainability of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, with respect to their
designs, operations, applications and social impacts.

P2P can be a promising technology on which we can depend lives of ours and our
children, upon which we can build sustainable societies.

Designs of P2P systems are characterized by their usage of overlay networks
such that there is symmetry in the roles among participants. This implies
distribution of authorities, not only preventing introduction of single points
of failure, but also assuring a level of autonomy which allows many of us to
spontaneously start, maintain, or recover from failures of, such systems.

Although difficulties exist, such as uncertainty in the trust among
participants, one needs to be aware that such difficulties are, in many parts,
due to our own human nature; depending on P2P is, in fact and literally,
depending on ourselves and our friends, who seem to be the only ones we can
trust anyway, when it comes to our own survival.

The goal of this workshop is to share experiences, insights and new ideas, and
set forth research agendas and suggestive future directions by collaborations
among researchers with different disciplines and with similar interests toward
dependability and sustainability.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant topics:

* Designs and operations of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Self-organization and emergence
  - Attack-resistance
  - Fault tolerance
  - Sustainable operations
  - Sustainable mutual trust
  - Sustainable reciprocal relationships

* Applications and social impacts of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Sustainable economy
  - Sustainable governance
  - Sustainable lifestyles
  - Rescue activities
  - Post-catastrophic recovery
  - Tackling environmental problems

The program of the workshop will be a combination of invited talks, paper
presentations and discussions.

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS]

The workshop invites your contributions of previously unpublished papers, which
will be selected based on their originality, technical merit and topical
relevance. Papers will also be selected by the likelihood that they will lead
to interesting and fruitful discussions at the workshop.

Your contributions should be formatted acoording to the Springer-Verlag LNCS
Proceedings Author Guidelines: 10-point, single-spaced, one-column format
(see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html for detail). Each of your
contributions should not exceed 10 pages.

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for the submission
procedure.

[PUBLICATION]

Proceedings of the workshop will be published as Lecture Notes in Computer
Science (LNCS) by Springer-Verlag.

[IMPORTANT DATES]

Paper submission due:       December 4th, 2005
Notification of acceptance: January 15th, 2006
Camera-ready copies due:    February 1st, 2006
Author registration due:    February 1st, 2006
Workshop:                   April 20th-22nd, 2006 (exact date is to be decided)

[REGISTRATION]

Workshop registration will be handled by the ARES 2006 organization along
with the main conference registration.

[PROGRAM COMMITTEE]

* Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA Corporation, Japan (co-chair)
* Debojyoti Dutta, University of Southern California, USA
* Achmad Nizar Hidayanto, University of Indonesia, Indonesia
* Sam Joseph, University of Hawaii, USA
* Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Instritute of Science and Technology, Japan
   (co-chair)
* Anirban Mondal, University of Tokyo, Japan
* Akiko Orita, Keio University, Japan
* Omer F Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for any updates.

-----
For further information, please contact program co-chair Kenji Saito,
Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, 5322 Endo, Fujisawa,
Kanagawa 252-8520 Japan, e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg