Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: DAS-P2P 2006: deadline is in two weeks

From: Kenji Saito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 06:05:16 +0900

*** our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***
*** deadline is in two weeks. submission form is ready at ARES 2006 site ***

******************************************************************************
* The First International Workshop on
* Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2006)
* http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/
*
* In conjunction with The First International Conference on
* Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2006).
* http://www.ares-conf.org/
*
* Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* April 20th-22nd, 2006
******************************************************************************

[CALL FOR PAPERS]

The First International Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer
Systems (DAS-P2P 2006) is the first workshop which focuses on dependability
and sustainability of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, with respect to their
designs, operations, applications and social impacts.

P2P can be a promising technology on which we can depend lives of ours and our
children, upon which we can build sustainable societies.

Designs of P2P systems are characterized by their usage of overlay networks
such that there is symmetry in the roles among participants. This implies
distribution of authorities, not only preventing introduction of single points
of failure, but also assuring a level of autonomy which allows many of us to
spontaneously start, maintain, or recover from failures of, such systems.

Although difficulties exist, such as uncertainty in the trust among
participants, one needs to be aware that such difficulties are, in many parts,
due to our own human nature; depending on P2P is, in fact and literally,
depending on ourselves and our friends, who seem to be the only ones we can
trust anyway, when it comes to our own survival.

The goal of this workshop is to share experiences, insights and new ideas, and
set forth research agendas and suggestive future directions by collaborations
among researchers with different disciplines and with similar interests toward
dependability and sustainability.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant topics:

* Designs and operations of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Self-organization and emergence
  - Attack-resistance
  - Fault tolerance
  - Sustainable operations
  - Sustainable mutual trust
  - Sustainable reciprocal relationships

* Applications and social impacts of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Sustainable economy
  - Sustainable governance
  - Sustainable lifestyles
  - Rescue activities
  - Post-catastrophic recovery
  - Tackling environmental problems

The program of the workshop will be a combination of invited talks, paper
presentations and discussions.

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS] (updated on 2005/10/21)

The workshop invites your contributions of previously unpublished papers, which
will be selected based on their originality, technical merit and topical
relevance. Papers will also be selected by the likelihood that they will lead
to interesting and fruitful discussions at the workshop.

Your contributions should be formatted acoording to the IEEE Computer Society
Press Proceedings Author Guidelines: 10-point Times, single-spaced, two-column
format (see http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm for detail; if the link
does not work, see http://www.tinmith.net/tabletop2006/IEEE/Format/instruct.htm
for approximation). Each of your contributions should not exceed 8 pages.

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for the submission
procedure.

[PUBLICATION] (updated on 2005/10/21)

Proceedings of the workshop will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press.

[IMPORTANT DATES] (updated on 2005/10/17)

Paper submission due:       December 14th, 2005
Notification of acceptance: January  18th, 2006
Camera-ready copies due:    February  1st, 2006
Author registration due:    February  1st, 2006
Workshop:                   April 20th-22nd, 2006 (exact date is to be decided)

[REGISTRATION]

Workshop registration will be handled by the ARES 2006 organization along
with the main conference registration.

[PROGRAM COMMITTEE]

* Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Bernard Burg, Panasonic Research, USA
* Ian Clarke, Freenet Project, UK
* Roger Dingledine, The Free Haven Project, USA
* Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA Corporation, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudiu Duma, Linkoping University, Sweden
* Debojyoti Dutta, University of Southern California, USA
* Noria Foukia, University of Otago, New Zealand
* Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA
* Achmad Nizar Hidayanto, University of Indonesia, Indonesia
* Sam Joseph, University of Hawaii, USA
* Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Instritute of Science and Technology, Japan
   (co-chair)
* Anirban Mondal, University of Tokyo, Japan
* Akiko Orita, Keio University, Japan
* Omer F Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
* Nguyen Manh Tho, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Sheng Zhong, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for any updates.

-----
For further information, please contact program co-chair Kenji Saito,
Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, 5322 Endo, Fujisawa,
Kanagawa 252-8520 Japan, e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg