Subject: [P2Prg] CFP -- P2PNVE 2007

From: "J.-R. Jiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 04:58:56 +0800

Please distribute the CFP below to any interested parties.

[we apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message]

================ CALL FOR PAPERS ================

P2P-NVE 2007

International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Network Virtual Environments 2007

in conjunction with

The 13th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2007)

December 5 -7, 2007

National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan 

http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007.

=================================================

About P2P-NVE 2007

The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments (NVEs)
such as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have
spawned a series of research interests in constructing such large-scale
virtual environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost of
management and deployment, more and more studies propose using peer-to-peer
(P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for games, multimedia
virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of such research is to
support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to make hosting virtual worlds
more affordable than existing client-server approaches. However, existing
solutions for consistency control, persistent data storage, multimedia data
dissemination, and cheat-prevention may not be straightforwardly adapted to
such new environments, novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize
the potential of P2P-based NVEs.

The theme of this workshop is to solicit original and previously unpublished
new ideas on the construction and realization of P2P-based NVEs, with a
focus to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both academics and
practitioners. All papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the
IEEE Xplore Digital Library and will be included in the proceedings
published by the IEEE Computer Society.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Constructions of P2P overlays for NVEs

* Multicast for P2P NVEs

* P2P NVE content distribution

* 3D streaming for P2P NVEs

* Voice communication on P2P NVEs

* Persistent storage for P2P NVEs

* Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games

* Data structures and queries for P2P NVEs

* Consistency control for P2P NVEs

* Design considerations for P2P NVEs

* P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

* Prototype P2P virtual environment systems

Important Dates

Paper Submission:                  July 10, 2007

Author Notification:                August 10, 2007

Camera Ready Copy Due:     September 2, 2007

Paper Submission 

Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original, unpublished
manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced pages, to web
site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007. Submitted papers should be in
be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer Society guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/press/outgoing/proceedings). All submitted papers
will be refereed by reviewers in terms of originality, contribution,
correctness, and presentation.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg