Subject: [P2Prg] CFP : The 2007 International Workshop on Intelligent Pervasive Middleware (IPM 2007)

From: Praveen Madiraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 21:26:15 -0500 (CDT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

                             CALL FOR PAPERS
***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************
The 2007 International Workshop on Intelligent Pervasive Middleware (IPM 2007)
                           In conjunction with
The 2007 International Conference on Intelligent Pervasive Computing (IPC-07)

            October 11th - 13th, 2007, Jeju Island, Korea

Workshop  Website : http://www.sersc.org/IPC2007/IPM2007.php

***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************

WORKSHOP AIM
------------

Research in middleware systems has evolved from simple client server 
models to distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems, mobile devices, smart 
devices, and sensors. Pervasive computing models are constrained by their 
limited battery life, restricted memory, low processing power, less 
storage space, frequent disconnections, and confined network bandwidth. 
Hence, a middleware designed for such devices will have to consider the 
above issues.

The main objective of the intelligent pervasive middleware workshop is to 
bring together researchers and practitioners working in middleware systems 
with topics ranging from different areas in pervasive computing such as 
agent based computing, service oriented computing, intelligent systems, 
P2P computing, sensor networks and database issues under one roof with an 
aim of encouraging exchange of ideas and experiences among these diverse 
areas. We solicit papers dealing with design, development and deployment 
of middleware and its systems. We are also interested in specific 
components of middleware systems, the way they interact with other 
modules, components design and development, models of the components, 
middleware system issues and also novel applications using middleware 
systems.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
------------------

The topics include, but are not limited to:

+ Middleware for pervasive collaborative applications
+ Middleware for pervasive agent based systems
+ Middleware for pervasive service oriented systems
+ Middleware for mobile and ubiquitous computing
+ Middleware for intelligent pervasive computing
+ Middleware for embedded systems and sensor networks
+ Middleware solutions for Security, Privacy and Trust
+ Middleware for distributed systems including mobile databases, and
   mobile grid based systems
+ Middleware issues for real time systems
+ Software engineering techniques for pervasive middleware
+ Novel applications using pervasive middleware
+ Evaluation metrics and bench mark systems for pervasive middleware
+ Specific components of middleware such as : device discovery,
directory service, execution service, listening service, communication
service, and data access service

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND  PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------

Submit a full paper electronically as a PDF file not exceeding 6 pages 
(IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two columns, 
single-spaced), including figures and references, using 10 point font 
size, and number each page. You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society 
Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page: 
http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm

Detailed submission instructions are posted on the workshop website at :
http://www.sersc.org/IPC2007/IPM2007.php

Accepted papers will be given guidelines in preparing and submitting the 
final manuscript(s). The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer 
Society Press with 6 pages for each paper. Authors of accepted papers, or 
at least one of them, are requested to register and present their work at 
the conference, otherwise their papers will be removed from the digital 
library after the conference.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Deadline for paper submissions:  June 04, 2007
Notification to authors:  July 02, 2007
Camera-ready copies of accepted papers due:  July 10, 2007

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Workshop Chair:

Praveen Madiraju, Marquette University, USA ([email-masked] )

Program Committee:

Sheikh Iqbal Ahamed, Marquette University, USA
Janaka Balasooriya, University of Missouri - Rolla, USA
Doina Bein, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Paolo Bellavista, DEIS - Universit degli Studi di Bologna, ITALY
Srilaxmi Malladi, Georgia State University, USA
Rajshekhar Sunderraman, Georgia State University, USA

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg