Subject: [P2Prg] [CFP] Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Communications on "Adaptive Multicarrier Communications and Networks"

From: Lingyang Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:23:49 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Communications on "Adaptive Multicarrier
Communications and Networks"

http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comcom

Scope
=====
Authors are invited to submit detailed technical manuscripts reporting
recent developments in the topics related to the special issue. Multicarrier
communications is a very promising technique to deliver high data rate and
combat delay spread over fading channel. OFDM-based multicarrier
communications is used in the standards IEEE 802.11 WirelessLAN, IEEE 802.16
WirelessMAN, and 3GPP-LTE Group 4G. Adaptability is an inherent advantage of
multicarrier communication systems. It can be either implemented in each
layer in the protocol stack or realized through a cross-layer approach. The
essential self-x attributes, i.e. self-configuration, self-management,
self-healing, in enabling autonomic adaptability are in the early stage of
research. In addition, there are a number of emerging technical, economical,
and regulatory challenges when the multicarrier system is co-operating with
unlicensed systems via a cognitive radio paradigm. This special issue is
devoted to exploring how adaptive capability is employed from physical to
network and application layers in multicarrier communications, networks,
systems, and standards.

Some suggested topics include but are not limited to:
=======================================================
. Adaptive coding and modulation
. Adaptive signal processing techniques . Multicarrier CDMA/OFDMA .
Multiuser interference in cellular systems . Self-configuration,
self-management, and self-healing . Autonomic architectures and protocols .
Cognitive and adaptive systems . Security and privacy management . Resource,
Mobility and QoS provisioning . Cross-layer optimization . MAC and Network
layer management . Adaptive multimedia transmission . Cooperation/Game
theory for multiuser communications . Network reliability, dependability,
and survivability . Network modeling and performance analysis . Multicarrier
communications in Broadband Wireless Access, e.g. Cellular and WiMAX .
Testbed, experiment, implementation, and applications

Submission Format:
=====================
The submitted papers must be written in English and describe original
research which is not published nor currently under review by other journals
or conferences. Author guidelines for preparation of manuscript can be found
at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comcom. For more information, please
contact the guest editors or Co-Editor-in-Chief, Mohammed Atiquzzaman
([email-masked] )

Guest Editors:
================
Prof. Hsiao Hwa Chen
National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Email: [email-masked]

Prof. Symeon Papavassiliou
National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Email: [email-masked]

Dr. Lingyang Song
UniK, University of Oslo, Norway
Email: [email-masked]

Dr. Yan Zhang
Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
Email: [email-masked]

Important Dates:
=================
Paper submission:
01 April, 2008
Acceptance notification:
01 July, 2008
Final papers:
01 August, 2008
Publication:
Fall 2008

Submission Guideline:
========================
All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through
Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select "Multicarrier
Comm-Zhang" when they reach the "Article Type" step in the submission
process. The EES website is located at http://ees.elsevier.com/comcom/

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg