Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: DAS-P2P 2008: submission page is ready (deadline is March 1)

From: Kenji Saito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:00:47 +0900

*** our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***

******************************************************************************
* The Third International Workshop on
* Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2008)
* http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/
*
* In conjunction with The 2008 International Symposium on
* Applications and the Internet.
* http://www.icta.ufl.edu/saint08/
*
* Turku, FINLAND
* July 28 - August 1, 2008
******************************************************************************

[CALL FOR PAPERS]

The Third International Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer
Systems (DAS-P2P 2008) is a workshop which focuses on dependability and
sustainability of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, with respect to their designs,
operations, applications and social impacts.

P2P can be a promising technology on which we can depend lives of ours and our
children, upon which we can build sustainable societies.

Designs of P2P systems are characterized by their usage of overlay networks
such that there is symmetry in the roles among participants. This implies
distribution of authorities, not only preventing introduction of single points
of failure, but also assuring a level of autonomy which allows many of us to
spontaneously start, maintain, or recover from failures of, such systems.

Although difficulties exist, such as uncertainty in the trust among
participants, one needs to be aware that such difficulties are, in many parts,
due to our own human nature; depending on P2P is, in fact and literally,
depending on ourselves and our friends, who seem to be the only ones we can
trust anyway, when it comes to our own survival.

The goal of this workshop is to share experiences, insights and new ideas, and
set forth research agendas and suggestive future directions by collaborations
among researchers with different disciplines and with similar interests toward
dependability and sustainability.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant topics:

* Designs and operations of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Self-organization and emergence
  - Attack-resistance
  - Fault tolerance
  - Private P2P network
  - Accountable anonymity/pseudonymity design
  - Local-production-local-consumption network
  - Design, analysis, and in-field evaluation of sustainable operations
  - Sustainable mutual trust
  - Sustainable reciprocal relationships
  - Ad-hoc network
  - Mobility

* Applications and social impacts of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Sustainable economy
  - Sustainable governance
  - Life style in accordance with the natural environment of the 21st century
  - Rescue activities
  - Post-catastrophic recovery
  - Global optimization of resource allocation and utilization

The program of the workshop will be a combination of invited talks, paper
presentations and discussions.

The workshop invites your contributions of previously unpublished papers, which
will be selected based on their originality, technical merit and topical
relevance. Papers will also be selected by the likelihood that they will lead
to interesting and fruitful discussions at the workshop.

[AUTHOR'S KIT]

Workshop papers should be within 4 pages, no extra page is allowed. The
Proceedings of the Symposium and the Workshops will be published, in separated
volumes, by the IEEE Computer Society Press. Please follow the instruction on
the web below where authors can find Page Form and appropriate pointers for
LaTeX Macros.

http://www.icta.ufl.edu/saint08/ -> Information for Authors

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS]

Papers should be submitted at the workshop web site no later than March 1,
2008. After a review process by Organizers and Program Committee of the
Workshop, authors of accepted papers will be requested to send its final
manuscript to IEEE-CS press no later than May 1, 2008. So, authors are kindly
requested to submit papers as early as possible to facilitate a review process.

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for the submission
procedure in detail.

[IMPORTANT DATES]

Paper submission due:       March 1, 2008
Notification of acceptance: March 30, 2008
Camera-ready copies due:    May 1, 2008
Author registration due:    TBD
Workshop:                   July 28 - August 1, 2008 (exact date is TBD)

[REGISTRATION]

Workshop registration will be handled by the SAINT 2008 organization along
with the main conference registration.

It is the IEEE policy that accepted papers can be published only when IEEE
recognized that at least one author has registered for presentation. So,
authors will be requested to register along with the final manuscript. SAINT
Conference Registration fees include a copy of the Conference proceedings, a
copy of the Workshop proceedings, admission to the Conference/Workshop
sessions.

[NOTE]

The date and length (a full or half day) of the Workshop will be decided by
SAINT 2008 Organizing Committee taking account of the number submitted of
papers, and be notified on the SAINT 2008 web. Please also note that, according
to the SAINT 2008 Organizing Committee, the Workshop is subject to cancellation
when the number submitted of papers will not be enough.

[PROGRAM COMMITTEE]

* Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA Corporation, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudiu Duma, Credit Suisse, Switzerland
* Debojyoti Dutta, Cisco Systems, USA
* Noria Foukia, University of Otago, New Zealand
* Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA
* Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Instritute of Science and Technology, Japan
   (co-chair)
* Anirban Mondal, University of Tokyo, Japan
* Elizabeth Ogston, University of Warwick, UK
* Akiko Orita, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Omer F Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
* Kazuyuki Shudo, Utagoe Inc., Japan
* Sheng Zhong, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for any updates.

-----
For further information, please contact program co-chair Kenji Saito,
Research Institute for Digital Media and Content (DMC), Keio University,
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku Tokyo 108-8345 Japan, e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg