Subject: [P2Prg] [CFP] IEEE VR workshop MMVE'08 (keynote announcement and extensions)

From: Shun-Yun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 00:09:26 -0800 (PST)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 1st International Workshop on Massively Multiuser Virtual Environments
(MMVE 2008)
at IEEE Virtual Reality 2008

http://peers-at-play.org/MMVE08/

March 8th, 2008
Reno, Nevada, USA

With the increasing number of potential users of virtual and augmented
reality systems, as indicated by the recent booms of massively multiuser
online societies, the design of distributed, massively multiuser virtual
environments (MMVEs) becomes increasingly important, posing new requirements
on both distribution platforms and virtual reality systems. Facing these
challenges is a community-spanning effort, necessitating the pooling of the
resources and experiences of the virtual reality and the networking/
distributed computing communities. This workshop hopes to provide a link
between these communities to foster the development of highly distributed,
flexible and robust virtual environments. We aim to gather the practitioners
and researchers in these fields under one roof to discuss their findings,
incite collaborations, and move the state of the art forward.

Keynote by Jon Watte (CTO, Forterra Systems)
Jon Watte will give a keynote at the workshop, in which he'll describe some
surprising places virtual worlds have been adopted; what the future looks
like; and some sketches for open research areas.

In addition to his job as CTO of serious virtual world platform company
Forterra Systems, Jon is a regular contributor to the independent game
development community. A Microsoft DirectX/XNA MVP and moderator of the
Multiplayer and Networking forum on independent games site GameDev.Net, Jon
has several published articles in the field and has spoken on the future
direction of the interoperable 3D web on several occasions. He combines
practical experience with solid theoretical underpinnings to bring success
to the field of massive-scale, interactive distributed simulation. Prior to
heading up Forterra Systems, Jon worked on products such as There.com, BeOS,
and Metrowerks CodeWarrior.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline:        January 26th, 2008
Acceptance Notification:    February 7th, 2008
Camera Ready Version:       February 9th, 2008
Workshop Date:              March 8, 2008

Organizers

Gregor Schiele, University of Mannheim, Germany
Daniel Weiskopf, Universiy of Stuttgart, Germany
Ben Leong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Shun-Yun Hu, National Central University, Taiwan

Program Committee

Dewan Tanvir Ahmed, University of Ottawa, Canada
Christian Bouville, IRISA, France
Bing-Yu Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Kuan-Ta Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Yiorgos Chrysanthou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Mike Eissele, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Abdennour El Rhalibi, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Joerg Haehner, University of Hannover, Germany
Aaron Harwood, University of Melbourne, Australia
Jehn-Ruey Jiang, National Central University, Taiwan
Pedro Morillo Tena, University of Valencia, Spain
Jauvane C. Oliveira, LNCC, Brazil
Juan Manuel Orduna, University of Valencia, Spain
Shervin Shirmohammadi, University of Ottawa, Canada
Gwendal Simon, ENST Bretagne, France
Sandeep Singhal, Microsoft Corporation, USA
Shinichi Ueshima, Kansai University, Japan
Arno Wacker, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Krzysztof Walczak, Poznan University of Economics, Poland
Suiping Zhou, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-CFP--IEEE-VR-workshop-MMVE%2708-%28keynote-announcement-and-extensions%29-tp14684639p14684639.html
Sent from the IETF - P2prg mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg