Subject: [p2prg] CFP: IEEE SECON 2009 (Submission deadline: January 5, 2009)

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:14:55 +0100

We apologize if you receive this announcement multiple times

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                             IEEE SECON 2009

     The 6th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor,
                Mesh and Ad hoc Communications and Networks

                       Roma, Italy, June 22-26 2009
                         www.ieee-secon.org/2009

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The sixth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to
exchange ideas, discuss best practices, raise awareness, and share
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of
sensor, mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems. IEEE SECON grew out of
the IEEE INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an event that
focuses on the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad
Hoc Communications Networks.

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work,
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and
commercial developments in sensor, ad hoc, and mesh communications and
networks are solicited. Particular topics of interest include, but are
not limited to:

* Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation
* Measurements and Experimental Research
* Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware
* New Architectures
* MAC, Network, Transport, Application Protocols and Cross-Layer Design
* Network Coding, MIMO, Cooperative Communications and Other Novel
  Techniques
* Cognitive Radios, Vehicular Networks, Underwater Networks, Urban
Sensing,
  and other Emerging Areas
* Security, Survivability and Fault Tolerance

IMPORTANT DATES
Manuscript Registration Deadline:         January 5 2009, 7:59pm EST
Manuscript Submission Deadline:         January 12 2009, 7:59pm EST
Decision Notification:                         April 13 2009
Camera Ready Due:                         April 30 2009

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently
under review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE
SECON 2009 must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system:
http://edas.info/
. Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller
than 10 points. Please refer to the IEEE SECON website for detailed
instructions on preparing and submitting the manuscript. Accepted
papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by IEEE. A
sufficiently extended version of the best paper(s) in the area of
wireless sensor networks will be considered for inclusion into the
JSAC special issue on Simple Wireless Sensor Networking Solutions
(www.jsac.ucsd.edu).

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

* GENERAL CHAIR
Mario Gerla, University of California at Los Angeles

* TPC CO-CHAIRS
Chiara Petrioli, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy
Nitin Vaidya, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A.

* TPC VICE CHAIR
Bhaskar Krishnamachari, University of Southern California

* PUBLICITY CHAIR
Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University
Gaia Maselli, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy

* WEB CHAIR
Romit Roy Choudhury, Duke University

* LOCAL ARRANGEMENT CHAIR
Francesca Cuomo, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy

* DEMO/POSTER CO-CHAIRS
Antonio Capone, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin, Madison

* STANDING COMMITTEE
Fred Bauer, Nokia (Chair)
Hamid Aghvami, King's College, London
Mischa Dohler, CTTC, Spain
Harvey Freeman, HAF Consulting, Inc.
Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
Prasant Mohapatra, University of California at Davis
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County

_______________________________________________
p2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg