Subject: [p2prg] IEEE SECON 2009: NEW registration/submission deadlines

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:37:02 +0100

(We apologize if you receive this announcement multiple times)

** NEW SUBMISSION DATES: Paper registration/submission: Jan 9/16 2009.  **
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
                             IEEE SECON 2009

     The 6th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor,
                Mesh and Ad hoc Communications and Networks

                       Roma, Italy, June 22-26 2009
                         www.ieee-secon.org/2009

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
The sixth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to  
exchange ideas, discuss best practices, raise awareness, and share  
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of  sensor, 
mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems. IEEE SECON grew out of  the IEEE 
INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an event that  focuses on 
the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad  Hoc 
Communications Networks.

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work,  
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and  
commercial developments in sensor, ad hoc, and mesh communications and  
networks are solicited. Particular topics of interest include, but are  
not limited to:

* Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation
* Measurements and Experimental Research
* Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware
* New Architectures
* MAC, Network, Transport, Application Protocols and Cross-Layer Design
* Network Coding, MIMO, Cooperative Communications and Other Novel
  Techniques
* Cognitive Radios, Vehicular Networks, Underwater Networks, Urban  
Sensing,
  and other Emerging Areas
* Security, Survivability and Fault Tolerance

IMPORTANT DATES
Manuscript Registration Deadline:     January 9 2009, 7:59pm EST
Manuscript Submission Deadline:     January 16 2009, 7:59pm EST
Decision Notification:             April 13 2009
Camera Ready Due:             April 30 2009

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently  under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE  SECON 2009 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: http://edas.info/ 
. Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller  
than 10 points. Please refer to the IEEE SECON website for detailed  
instructions on preparing and submitting the manuscript. Accepted  
papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by IEEE. A  
sufficiently extended version of the best paper(s) in the area of  
wireless sensor networks will be considered for inclusion into the  JSAC 
special issue on Simple Wireless Sensor Networking Solutions 
(www.jsac.ucsd.edu ).

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

* GENERAL CHAIR
Mario Gerla, University of California at Los Angeles

* TPC CO-CHAIRS
Chiara Petrioli, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy
Nitin Vaidya, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A.

* TPC VICE CHAIR
Bhaskar Krishnamachari, University of Southern California

* WORKSHOP CHAIR
Katia Obraczka, University of California, Santa Cruz

* PANEL CO-CHAIRS
Luigi Fratta, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Cedric Westphal, NTT DoCoMo, USA

* DEMO/POSTER CO-CHAIRS
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Antonio Capone, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

* STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD CHAIR
Daji Qiao, Iowa State University

* PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University
Gaia Maselli, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy

* WEB CHAIR
Romit Roy Choudhury, Duke University

* PUBLICATION CHAIR
Taekyoung Kwon, Seoul National University, Korea

* LOCAL ARRANGEMENT CHAIR
Francesca Cuomo, University of Rome "La Sapienza," Italy

* STANDING COMMITTEE
Fred Bauer, Nokia (Chair)
Hamid Aghvami, King's College, London
Mischa Dohler, CTTC, Spain
Harvey Freeman, HAF Consulting, Inc.
Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
Prasant Mohapatra, University of California at Davis
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County

_______________________________________________
p2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg