Subject: [p2prg] QShine 2009 - Submission deadline extended: June 15, 2009

From: Simone Silvestri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:11:34 +0200

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers.

--------------------------------------------------

Call For Papers

***   QSHINE 2009   ***

The Sixth International ICST Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for
Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness

Sponsored by ICST

23-26 November 2009, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain

***** SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 15, 2009 ******

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More information is available at the URL http://www.qshine.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sixth International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for
Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine 2009) will focus
on the research challenges associated to the design and implementation
of large-scale wired and wireless networks and distributed systems. The
aim of this conference is to bring together researchers and
practitioners to present and share the latest results in the areas of
performance,configuration, cross-layer approaches, scalability,
resilience and survivability of large scale heterogeneous networks and
distributed systems. Following the tradition of the previous QShine
meetings, QShine 2009 will feature prominent invited speakers as well as
papers by top researchers in the field.

Original papers addressing performance optimization and Quality of
Service support, ranging from the link layer to the application layer,
over large-scale wired and wireless networks and distributed system, are
solicited. Authors are encouraged to submit theoretical and/or
experimental results of significance. The scope of the conference
includes, but is not limited to:

    * Quality of Service provisioning in wired and wireless networks and 
distributed systems
    * Design, implementation or architectures related to QoS-enabled 
networks and distributed systems
    * QoS routing in wired, peer-to-peer, overlay, and wireless networks 
and distributed systems
    * QoS-aware service composition in distributed systems
    * QoS in WLAN, WPAN, WMAN and WiMAX (IEEE 802.11/15/16/20)
    * QoS in wireless sensor and ad hoc networks
    * QoS support across heterogeneous wired and wireless sub-networks
    * MAC protocols with QoS support in wireless networks
    * Topology control for QoS support in wireless networks
    * QoS and survivability in mobile environments
    * Scheduling, resource management, queue management, and admission 
control
    * QoS adaptation, modeling and measurements
    * Game-theoretic aspects in wired, peer-to-peer, overlay, and 
wireless networks and distributed systems
    * Incentive engineering in wired, peer-to-peer, overlay, and 
wireless networks and distributed systems
    * Pricing, billing, and resource allocation in wired, overlay and 
wireless networks
    * Traffic analysis, traffic engineering, and traffic shaping in 
heterogeneous environments
    * Security protocols and algorithms in wired, overlay and wireless 
networks
    * Scalability of large-scale overlay and wireless networks
    * Resilience of overlay and wireless protocols
    * Cross-layer protocol design in wireless networks
    * Cross-layer performance optimization for energy, network lifetime, 
and capacity

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

* General co-chairs:   Novella Bartolini, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
                                Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of 
Patras, Greece

* Steering Committee Co-Chairs: Imrich Chlamtac,  Create-Net, Italy
                                        Xuemin (Sherman) Shen,  
University of Waterloo, Canada
                                        Xi Zhang, Texas A&M University, USA

* Program chair:        Prasun Sinha, Ohio State University, USA

* Poster chair:          Romit Roy Choudhury, Duke University, USA

* Workshop chair:     Annalisa Massini, Sapienza University, Italy

* Local Committee Co-Chairs:       Alvaro Suarez Sarmiento, University 
of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
                                        Elsa Macias, University of Las 
Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain

* Publicity chair:  Simone Silvestri, Sapienza University, Italy

* Conference coordinator:  Maria Morozova, ICST, Belgium

IMPORTANT DATES:

Full Papers due:             June 15,2009 5pm EST (Extended)
Notification of Acceptance:         July 10, 2009
Camera-ready Manuscripts due:             September 5, 2009
Conference Dates:             23-26 November, 2009

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

QShine 2009 invites submission of manuscripts that present original
material and that have not been previously published or under review by
another conference or journal. Prospective authors are encouraged to
submit a PDF version of the full paper in ACM conference proceedings
format, which are limited to 8 single-spaced two-column pages (including
all figures and references) in a 10 point font.

Authors of submitted papers should select 1 or 2 keywords to allow a
better classification and assignment of papers to reviewers. All paper
submissions will be handled electronically through the ASSYST system.

PUBLICATION

All submitted papers will go through a peer review process. All accepted
papers will be included in the Qshine 2009 Conference Proceedings. All
accepted papers will be made available in Association for Computing
Machinery (ACM) Digital  Library and then be indexed by Engineering
Information (EI). Research papers of particular merit will be selected
for consideration of fast track publication in a special issue of
ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (pending).